Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Saturday, February 8, 2014

Thriftasaurus

Thriftasaurus


I have been buying a few things off eBay lately. Nothing extravagant or anything, I did buy some unopened Pyrex for my father & his fiance. They are getting married at the end of the month. She lives in the USA & he will be moving there. I am bidding on a couple more things, I don't want to go crazy because I am sure they are busy with the wedding & don't want to be collecting envelopes for me. We just had some luck - selling something we got for free for $150. I am going to buy something special. I just don't know what that is. But I only get $50 of it. hah. 

So, my week wasn't that fulfilling thrifting wise. From switching my schedule around due to appointments my BF had, his mom had, him having the same day off as me this week, my dog deciding to eat our door.. I didn't get out much, except the day of the snowstorm we had. In true thrift addict fashion, I thought, "what a great day to thrift! Everyone else will be to scared to be on the road, so the thrifts will be empty & there will be so many treasures to be had!" I never saw the thrifts so empty (people wise), there were a few troopers there & very little treasure.

I found these 5 Santa mugs in a grab bag for $3 during the storm. I couldn't stop singing, "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" for the rest of the evening. 


Also, this glass I already have. But, like I always say, "you can never have too many of a good thing." 


What do you think of this London Transit tea towel? Aside from Googling the tea towel, I didn't do any research on the London Transit line, but ended Etsy listings say 1970s.


& some odds & ends, 
never see this size lid in the wild & obviously the days of being able to buy a divided or open baker just for the lid are over, rough around the edges, but totally fine. Some vintage Stardust Hotel postcards because I thought they were cool. 


Find anything good this week? Link up below with THRIFTASAURUS!
Thanks to everybody who joined in last week - great finds!


:: linking up ::
a living space 

Costal Charm





18 comments:

  1. I went out on a pretty terrible weather-wise but great shopping-wise day too! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in florida, Year round thrift and garage sales! The stores have been a little dry lately, nothing good....And a lot of the thrift stores used to let me take empty boxes...and they wont even do THAT anymore! Ugh. No good thrift finds and no free boxes! Im going to wait a few weeks before I hit up any stores, hopefully they will get refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing fresh from a thrift store this week. Fixed up a thrift from the summer, too cold to enjoy going out. Always good to find some more Santa mugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I linked up-- thanks! Like those Vegas postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Santa mugs and i totally go thrifting in bad weather with the same hopes that the stores will be empty lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that tea towel...and transit maps. I just want to hop on a railway and get into adventures.

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching the ice melt--can't go thrifting as it is treacherous out there! We are getting cabin fever!

    Five Santa mugs at once--nice score!!!

    Thanks for the party!
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always buy doubles of things I really like, if I can find them. You never know what is going to happen, breakage-wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Santa mugs, and what a great price! We're supposed to get snow for the 2nd time this year, and I'm in South Carolina USA for Pete's sake! Stay warm up there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those Santa mugs! Can't pass those up for that price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting. Got an old road marker this week.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the London transit tea towel.
    The postcards are also great.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say you were pretty lucky to get those Santa cups. I went last week and after checking out two shops, I didn't go to the rest, it was too discouraging - I got nothing.

    I saw the door - oh, my - he must have been going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - added a second post, some great vintage tines.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always interesting to see what you find! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I have that Christmas song in my head too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that tumbler. Great finds, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Santa mugs and what a bargain! Thank you for hosting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete