Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Saturday, February 15, 2014

Thriftasaurus




Hi fellow thrifters! Any vintage Valetine gifts to report? The news did a gender specific poll on what a woman wants most on Valentines Day & what did they vote? For a man to clean the house. As for me, I would probably prefer the same now that I think about it. I do work less & have less of a commute, so that means I have more time for thrifting &, ugh, cleaning so I'd probably never receive that gift. Valentines Day wasn't done this year, I woke up early, got ready, did a quick kiss kiss & was out the door - I had thrifting to do! For once, I had a specific item in mind - a gray suit. It's quite hard. I found a perfect one, $24.99 full Calvin Klein suit (that was freshly dry cleaned & had 7cents in the pocket) - Value Village. My god, Goodwill was charging $25 or something for Mexx pants. I never knew my body type was so bizarre. This is a wake up call - lose the gut. My fathers wedding is in less than a week & I have no suit. One more thrift store to visit (my most hated store in the city), one more retail store & it's off to a rental shop. Hopefully there is enough time! 

As for my thrifty finds..
(afterall, that's what you're here for, right?) 

I bought a Snowflake open baker & divided. I think I have to stop buying these. I think I may have a lot. I think I can't stop. I think I love them. It's been so long since I found anything aside from a bowl at a thrift store. 


I absolutely adore these cards. I don't think I found anything like them in Canada (at least in recent times). I got them from a thrift store that usually always has some kind of vintage cards in it, although that store is 2 hours away. Yes, I traveled 2 hours by transit to shop for a suit. The Easter ones are so adorable! Some are flocked & others have sparkles... & others have their original clipped prices. Married With Children greeting card? Definitely. Vintage Disney Valentines, original box price $1.50.



I don't know about these. A search said my girl Hazel. But, sometimes people like to label. I'm not even sure I wanted them. Empty hand syndrome? 


Vintage clown heads! 


I also bought an item to sell (I don't do this too often) & this will pay for the few items I bought off eBay & had shipped to my future step moms house. Weird to have a new step mom at my age. At least she likes Whitesnake! 

Looking forward to seeing what you've found this week.. 
To all my fellow thrifters in Canada - Happy Family Day.
In the United States - Happy Presidents Day. 


   


   

16 comments:

  1. I hate having to look for something specific. Usually as soon as I give up and buy it from a normal shop or online I find the perfect thing way cheaper at an op shop >_> but you found some goodies along the way at least- I love all those vintage cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. "Empty Hand Syndrome--" very funny. I think I've had a touch of that now and then. Good luck in finding a suit; can be hard to find just what you want even in retail. Will link up in a bit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I too suffer from Empty hand syndrome. I really need to find a cure... Love the Pyrex and cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found the perfect Easter cards. I think that is the one holiday that my collection is lacking. Oh well. Pretty soon the flea markets and antique malls will hopefully be flooded with them.

    Good luck with the suit. I can tell you from experience that suit shopping SUCKS! Brian had to get one for a wedding a couple of years ago and now I have to get Alex one for another wedding. I highly doubt my teenage boy will go for one from the thrifts. Oh, and I did get something vintage for Valentines Day. From Hanna! Wait and see :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a bit of vintage (sorry the shaker had lemon juice, It isn't cooking). Good luck on finding the suit you need for your Dad's wedding.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never find Pyrex in the Snowflake pattern in our second hand stores nice find.. I can remember those clown heads on birthday cakes when I was a kid.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pattern on the sat & pepper shakers, gorgeous finds, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the shakers but I like anything black and white. And the divided dishes, I'm so jealous! I haven't found much other than bowls recently either.
    I hope you find a suit for your dad's wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and I love your new banner! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice turquoise in your finds. Hope the suit appears soon.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit those clown heads terrify me but I love the divided dish:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Pyrex and cards! Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Easter cards are the sweetest!! What a find!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So out of all of the ridiculous amounts of Pyrex I have, can you believe that I don't have an open baker? I have only ever seen one and it was way overpriced at the flea market. Plus, the seller started giving me the super rare and collectible speech which is an automatic turn off for me. I always feel like people are talking down to me, like I could possibly have no idea what I'm looking at.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those Easter cards are oh so adorable! Congrats on the Pyrex! I almost didn't pick up that divided snowflake recently. You know you have too much Pyrex when you don't remember what you have! Fortunately, I came to my senses and realized I have the blue on white divided and open baker! I'm going to will that white on blue to come to me this week now that you have it ha-ha!

    Thanks for the party!
    Evie
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  16. The snowflake pattern is the only one I find at thrift stores or garage sales.

    ReplyDelete