Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Terra Pyrex Booklet & Casserole

Terra Pyrex! 


Are you a fan of the Pyrex pattern Terra? I have heard many people aren't! I am. This  pattern isn't one of them glossy, attractive patterns, but I like the darkness, matte & whole design of it. I like the patterned lid, too.

Introduced in 1964, Terra was the first pattern to have opal lids.
I wanted to buy my father & his new wife a piece of Pyrex for their wedding. It needed to be NIB (new in box) & in a price range which would be affordable to me (in addition to shipping charges, which are a bitch). My father has Autumn Harvest mixing bowls, so mixing were nixed from the list. I had set my eyes on Snowflake, but NIB didn't turn up. The Brides casserole did, however, I just couldn't afford it. Wouldn't that have been perfect? Well, I bought them a set of 3, when they arrived only 2 were sealed, so I only gave them 2, which means one for me.

$3 in the 1960's. Today, quite affordable - 3, NIB, shipped - $30ish.
I have yet to have access to my scanner & the CamScan app just doesn't do it for me, so just the good 'ol Cannon Rebel. Hope you enjoy the Terra booklet!



Linking up with We Call It Junkin'

A living Space.

15 comments:

  1. I saw a set of Terra casseroles at the flea market when I very first started to collect Pyrex. I think Hanna was with me. I also think they had the original boxes. I'm not sure why we didn't get them. In the box Pyrex is an awesome wedding gift. I am the Maid of Honor in an October wedding but I don't think the couple would appreciate something like this. I'll just buy them something from Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing the brochure!! Can I Pin it? I know a lot of folks are into the pink and blues (myself included) but I love earthy colors of the 60s and 70s as well. Terra fits in perfectly! That's great your dad is a fan of Pyrex and you have someone who appreciates it to gift it to!
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PIN AWAY EVIE!

      I own just 3 booklets that I want to scan one day. Wish my HP Pavilion didn't go kaputs!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift!! I have one piece of Terra, it's so different it hardly seems like Pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific idea for a wedding gift. I've never seen Terra in person, but love the lines and the fact that it's matte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Terra set, awesome to see the packaging with it! I've had two Terra cups and a bowl for 3 years or so I can't sell, though ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The earth shades give the impression of true pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terra is a pattern that fascinates me! It's very unique Pyrex. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice.
    I'm on the hunt for the lid for my Terra casserole dish.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this whole post, not only because it's about Pyrex (awesome) but because you've shown the original box, the booklet...great history here! Featuring this on my Link Party Features Pinterest Board this week! Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party - take care. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a cool and thoughtful gift. I like Terra. It's a very visually interesting pattern. We used to see it a lot around here, but not so much lately. I'd love to get my hands on the one with the blue stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to just Google that piece! Nice one. I just recently saw the orange, yellow, green mixing bowls via Google before posting this. Always seems to be some new, great pattern that I have never seen before!

      Delete
    2. [ and I have been collecting 3/4/something years now. ]

      Delete