Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Saturday, June 15, 2013

Thriftasaurus

Thriftasaurus


Hi everybody, hope you all are having a great weekend & got some great finds at all the second venues we like to frequent this week! My thrifting has been minimal these past few weeks because I have been taking care of my dog. We've spent so much on him, so I guess it's a good thing I haven't found a lot when I do go out. 

I was shocked to find a full set of pink Gooseberry in the thrift.. on a Friday night, at 8:30. I never thrift at this time, but fate brought me into a Value Village & there we have it. Some lovely soul also donated these petite Fire King bowls. Wonder if it was the same person? The #442 Gooseberry I left behind, looks like it was a favourite of the original owner. When I got to the desk, the clerk said there was something wrong with the code.. she wasn't going to sell them to me. WTF? Anyways, yea, not my problem. They are priced right. They are on the shelf. Now they are  home with me.



I also picked up some towels. LOL. Barbie was $2.99 & it still had the sticker barcode - cheaper than a new towel at Wal-Mart!  



This was the first recipe box I bought on my way to Windsor, ditching it for the red Lustroware I posted on Wednesday. Also a 1990 Ninja Turtles tin. RAD!


I bought a baggie of vintage Boy Scouts patches for 2 patches & decided to list the rest on eBay since some of them sell for a couple bucks. Maybe I'll get lucky & be able to buy a nice piece of eBay Pyrex with the profits. 


Some more PYREX! I found a whole set of Horizon Blue cinderella's, but the 444 & 442 bowls had a deep scratch or 2. I left the $7.99 443, too. 


I have seen these on A Living Space. This was only 99cents & made in Yugoslavia. My grandmother was from Yugoslavia. 


Some Fire King mugs & some robot party favors & NIP cake decorations (that looked better in the grab bag, but whatevs). 



Well, I'm still digging out of scores of thrift scores & more stuff keeps coming into the house.. will I ever catch up? 

Next week I have a fabulous find to show you (just have to pick it up!) & am venturing somewhere where I've never ventured before. 








  

23 comments:

  1. oh those gooseberry bowls! i think that is such a beautiful pattern. If I had more room in my house I probably wouldn't be able to resist it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I need those 441s for my collection & my birthday is coming up! Love all your finds, especially the "p" towel. Hope the pup is doing well. went to an estate sale today & didn't find much & my thrift stores are terrible. I'm always amazed by the goodies & amounts of Pyrex you find.
    Happy Saturday!
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So is mine! ;)

      Toronto is a thrift haven I guess!

      Delete
  3. LOL OMG Only you would find those amazing Barbie and "P" towels! I laughed out loud at the pee one! This is funny...I'm working on my Market Monday post, and I just listed the same little orange thingy from Yugoslavia (except mine is red). What are we calling these? I don't know!!! But they're cute!
    Well Done this week!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee pots??

      The Barbie towel is hilarious. She's so rad.

      Delete
  4. You always find something good! You sure were in the right place at the right time, the Gooseberry bowls must have been waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul, as always. I swear, you have a knack for finding cool stuff from my childhood. Barbie and TMNT. Cool beans!

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super finds....I especially love the Gooseberry set and the ballerinas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very glad that you are finding great items! Hope your puppy is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh; those Gooseberries: so beautiful. I have yet to come across non-damaged Gooseberries in the wild!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So this is what happens when you don't spend a lot of time thrifting? Holy crap you found a ton of Pyrex & good patterns at that! I'm off to the last flea market of the season this morning. Hopefully I have some Pyrex luck!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so!

      & the Fire King & Gooseberry & Scroll are from a couple weeks ago. I'm backed up with thrifted items! It's wild.

      Have fun at the flea (weird time to stop having them...). Guess it's a spring flea.

      Delete
  10. Great finds! Love the Pyrex.
    Lisa @ Happy Girl Thrift

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I can't believe how much amazing Pyrex you always come across! I usually find them few and far between and rarely in a set or in the best patterns. Way to go!

    Thanks again for hosting!

    -Melissa @ Scavenger Hunt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found a GREAT piece this week... I can't wait to showcase it on this weeks Thriftasaurus!!!!!!!!!!!


      LOL.

      Delete
  12. You're always finding the best pop culture goodness, the ninja turtles and barbie towel really bring me back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm amazed at your Pyrex scores. I rarely find anything in good condition and then when I do it's got a crazy price tag. That Gooseberry set is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Fire King mugs are fab...definately the strong black coffee type...no frou frou trim lattes served in those mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds. Love finding Fire King mugs. My fav find this week was a new to me Relpo head vase, love adding flowers for her hat. Thanks for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't even imagine the throw down that would have occurred had she not sold you those bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some great finds I'm jealous of the gooseberry Pyrex bowls.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete