Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers

Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers

Here are some more salt & pepper shakers. A pair you have already seen, I had bought them off eBay, but now they are in my possession - the orange & blue light bulbs. I had gotten a great deal on them - $10.04 shipped. While I was waiting for them to be deliver, I had visited Windsor & found the green pair (Made In Hong Kong) in the curiosity shop for $4, marked down from $12. The pepper shaker is a bit damaged (as you might be able to make out in the picture) & still contained pepper. Let me tell you, old pepper that has sat in a musty basement doesn't smell fantastic. I managed to get it open without damaging the shaker any further.



Onto the religious shakers, 99cents for the cent. Since one day I want to hold the world record for the most shakers (haha), I had to pick them up. They are funky enough, too, when you consider the price. I've always loved the saying, "May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead." I've never heard, "May the lord take a liking to you, but not too soon." Good buy. Value Village. Windsor.


Below you have an eBay buy & the stickers came in a bulk bag from this warehouse place I shop at for 50cents. The main reason I bought the bag of junk stickers was for the book of blank receipts that I needed. These stickers are great! You never know when you are going to run out of pimples for the game Girl Talk! Jonathon Knight bookmark, 50cents, 75cents shipping - eBay, 1990, Big Step Productions.


Happy Thrifting!



 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Taking part in Costal Charms Nifty Thrift Tuesdays!

2 comments:

  1. have you ever been to the salt and pepper shaker museum in gatlinburg tennessee? she has over 20,000 pairs! it's totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, but it's definitely my next Google search.

    Gonna go check out your blog...

    ReplyDelete