Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, April 24, 2011

God Bless This Lousy Apartment

God Bless This Lousy Apartment

I found this decorative plate at Value Village, priced at $4.99 & the plate isn't better suited than any other moment or place than our current apartment. I'll go into detail at a later time, or if I forget, never.


I really like how this person altered the plate with a piece of masking tape that became see-thru overtime. Did they buy the plate while they lived in a lousy apartment & kept it & altered it when they moved to a nicer one..? Donate it when they finally bought a house?


Also got the pin on the same trip, bought 2 bags of them at $2.99 each. I used my 30% off card that I filled up & had forgot about! Because I presented this card after she had rang in my items, it called for her to laugh to herself, roll her eyes & kiss her teeth. UUUH, didn't know what to say, so all I said was, "I apologize I caused you such an inconvenience by presenting my card after you rang in the items, I was not made aware by any sign nor did I notice on the card that I had to present it to you before the transaction, but luckily I know that the next time you run this promotion, I will present my card before my transaction to not cause you such an inconvenience." She didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear her kiss her supervisor teeth in the first place. Probably happens a lot, which is why she kissed her teeth, but they probably should have done something to rectify the situation instead of make it out to seem like the customers fault..


Anybody remember a fantastic magazine from the '90s called Raygun? One of my favorite magazines from the '90s, featuring some of my favorite bands. They're definitely hard to come across, so I was lucky to find 3 issues for $1.99 each at BMV here in Toronto. August 1994 issue featuring Lush on the cover, June/July 1998 issue featuring Garbage on the cover & October 1998 issue featuring Kiss on the cover.





Taking part in Apron Thrift Girls Thrift Share Monday!
Read more about RAYGUN MAGAZINE!

6 comments:

  1. Love that plate..lol. Those mag are very cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the "don't follow me" buttons. they would totally be great for all the freshman in high school or college. a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that plate, absolutely perfect! It would make a "lousy" apartment cozier for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That plate is hilarious! Maybe it was a gift and the recipient felt they had to display it. So they altered it to make themselves feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    monogirl - I was thinking that one too & actually typed it out, but erased it, lol.

    ReplyDelete