Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, May 18, 2014

Thriftasaurus #87!

Thriftasaurus
:: # 87 :: number eighty-seven :: # 87 :: 


Welcome to the 87th Thriftasaurus! It was slim pickings for me this week, how about you? 7 thrift stores this week, 4 twice. I wish I had the energy to do estates & yard sales. Maybe one day. Just seems like hard work to do on public transit.

I've been saving this bowl for a time like this. I bought it off eBay last year.. it's been on display since I got it from my cousins in Ohio. I bought 2 sheets to resell to replace the Jadeite bowl I broke inside Value Village, I know, right? Anyways, I was going to replace it with the money from the sheets, well I bought 5 Jadeite bowls & had money left over for this! WOW! Aside from a slight wear on  one dot the seller described it as MINT, never used. No trick, what a liar. It's in pretty good condition, my any nitwit could tell it has been used & has marks on other spots. I think it's the second largest?


I collect these writing tablets. Most are by Vagabond Creations & Paula Co., but there ones produced by other companies, too. There retro graphic tablets like Snug As A Bug (Vagabond Creations) are my favourite.




my fav page from this particular pad.
I bought this to resell. My seller instincts have really been off. I have been selling/trading online since 2001. I was going to buy this, but then I wasn't. Then I googled it & similar items have sold on ETSY. I have no idea for what price, but I assume for at least $10. Anyways, cute German grocery list wall hanging "What Am I Missing?". You move the clips (pictured with Snug As A Bug) to which items on the list you are missing! Anyways, yeah. Reselling. The exact same things will sell for other people, mine will flop! Very frustrating.




I am moving at the end of this month, not too far - just a block south & 2 blocks east, however, I have to pack all my shit up. This is becoming quit a challenge. Not something I want to be doing at all. However, I am having some fun going through some boxes that are in the closet. I am picked up from them, looking at it like an ex boyfriend thinking, "WTF WAS I THINKING!?

Here is one example that is headed back to the thrift cycle! This clown actually had similar hair to some idiot I once dated in my early 20's.. 


I did buy 2 very small presents this week, too. I bought a 1997 Sailor Moon gift card for a friend & a Vera scarf for Jill at A Little Big of Everything.

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend... 

:: linking up with ::
  A Living Space
& the NEW Thrifty Things Friday @ Melissa's Antiques!



:: nifty thrifty tuesday ::



 
   


   




16 comments:

  1. That Fire King black dot bowl is great.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog (and all your amazing finds!) for a little while and have been waiting to play along myself - this week I finally get the chance too :) Thanks for building a fun community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black dot bowl!

    I'm thinking you won't miss that clown though! EEEEKK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for dot bowls forever without any luck, I might have to try eBay. Love the bowl. Moving is a lot of hard work but it kind of fun finding items you forgot about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those dot bowls! I'm determined to find some in the wild!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND Thanks for linking up to TTF @ Melissa's Antiques!

      Delete
  6. Haha, I also have a big pile of "what was I thinking?" I may just end up listing them for $2. each in a "what was I thinking?" category. Just for shits and giggles....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those black dot bowls are on top of my need to find list! I have never seen them in person. On of our local antique malls has had the shakers in the display case for about 4 years. Asking $95 for them. I'm proud I haven't given in.

    Good luck with your move.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for Thrifasaurus. Dotted bowl is stunning, have never found one in all my years of looking. Getting close to your moving date.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys always find the best cards! Love the illustrations on those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that grocery list thingy. I have one hanging in my kitchen...didn't know what it was cuz mine didn't have clips..just thought it was cute. Then I saw another one somewhere and figured it out.
    check on my blog a few posts back..there's an easy way to see completed prices on Etsy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting. Love that Dot bowl. I have never found one or seen one outside of an antique store. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for hosing, Love that dotted bowl but I'm even feeling sick that your Jadeite bowl got broken, yikes! happy thrifting! Lisa @ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moving is a great time to thin out and decorating your new place is gonna be so fun!! Can't wait to hear about it and see some pics!

    Slim pickin's here for me too, not getting out at much and this Pyrex trading and selling is A LOT of work! Hope to link up none-the-less with some of the latest finds!

    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  14. never understood sellers on ebay who didn't describe their goods true to nature. when i was an ebay seller i always thought of how i would like to receive my order if i bought my own offerings - feeling disappointed wasn't one of my target emotions. anyway, really nice spotty bowl, and that wall hanging is cute too - shame it didn't perform as well as you expected. thanks for this great link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Start following our trades right now and gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete