Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1980's Invasion!


Today I left early from work to go to the hospital - a mild case of appendicitis. A few hours later, 8 vials of blood taken & two prescriptions, I was on my way!
Like the true thriftaholic that I am, I didn't go straight home. I went thrifting with appendicitis. Turned up some great 1980's finds!
(Thrift Share with APRON THRIFT GIRL)

Value Village had a vintage haul in board games, got Pac-Man, Strawberry Shortcake & ET. They had many others, a great vintage Casper board game, but the box was so destroyed it wasn't worth it. I'm glad to have these fun games in my collection! Another stop at Goodwill turned up this vintage The Smurf Game! Priced at a steal - $2.02!!


Value Village also had some great vintage sheets! Holly Hobbie & a new, crisp Popples flat sheet have been added to my collection. Was lucky enough to pick up the Popples pillow case as well.


A find from awhile ago, Strawberry Shortcake memo pad, 1981. Love it. Another love it is this Pac-Man vinyl - have yet to listen to it, but I'm sure it's going to be great!




Happy Thrifting!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome finds! I used to love Popples when I was a kid, I didn't know they had sheets though.

    xx Nicole
    www.caninethespian.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loved Popples - why, why did we get rid of them all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the 80s!! of course you went thrifting after your diagnosis of appendicitis, hardcore y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! You're brave to go shopping with appendicitis! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Score on the games! I resold that Strawberry Shortcake game for $53.....

    I would love to find an ET game--awww ET I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous! I had the Pac Man game and Smurfs game when I was a kid. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I meant to comment on your appendicitis too. Hope you're on the mend, and glad to see you have your priorities straight. I'm pretty sure your doctor wouldn't approve of you shopping trip, no matter how fabulous the finds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody!
    Antibiotics are working wonders.
    Seems to be on it's way out, :).

    Love Of The Hunt - good job! I don't think mine is in any condition for resale, otherwise I'd put it on the block!

    ReplyDelete