Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Funky Junky!


Funky Junky!

Funky Junky is one of my new favourite shops. It's here in Toronto in Kensington Market. Definitely has some amazing items, where they find them I don't know, & it's also a blast from the past. I've been in only a handful of times & have seen so much stuff I had owned growing up.. including gigantic New Kids On The Black pinbacks. They have a wide selection of vintage photography. My main collection of photography is found, not bought & I also would like to own a few post mortem photos.

One of my favourite items from this stop - still sealed Michael Jackson Glitter Glove from 1984, the real deal, original. $8.


Since it's my new favourite shop, I'm going to give it my own tag in the blog.

recommended listing after reading this post: "Black or White" by Michael Jackson.

4 comments:

  1. OOo! I would love to see photos inside the store if they allow you to take pics. Sounds like a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a few shops in Hollywood i love! But with the city comes a ton of overpriced "Vintage". i wish i could fly over to Toronto and see this one for myself!
    (panicxduh@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit that shop. I am finding that most shops here just have junk. My son would be over the moon for that glove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shop is definitely cool & this one isn't as overpriced as many of the others!

    @ Jasmine:
    I wanted to take some pics inside, but was too shy to ask. Next time I go I'm going to ask though.

    ReplyDelete