Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, July 27, 2014

Thriftasaurus #97!

Thriftasaurus #97!


Greetings second hand treasure seekers, how was your weekend? Full of thrift & finds, I hope. 

I attended a wedding Saturday night. If you read my blog regularly, you will know that I collect vintage greeting cards & I have thousands of them. I had not one wedding card that doesn't portray a bride & groom, since it was a gay wedding, that wouldn't be fitting. I had some amazingly adorable ones (even doubles, so it wouldn't be that hard using them), but alas, Hallmark store it was. It was difficult there, too. My next wedding is in September. She is a friend of mine & I'll be scouring eBay for some NIB mixing bowls for her! I've already got her a nice, vintage card. Well.. onto my finds!

I had an AMAZING week in thrift store shopping. I can't remember the last time I got a haul that was this fruitful & the last time I brought home a piece of Pyrex that I didn't have (I didn't even know what set the bowl I got to went). It's possibly the thought of opening an Instagram shop has opened my eyes, who knows, but I love it all & I want to keep it all! I have some linens in the main photo, but I couldn't photograph them - I will do it for next week though. 
On top of that - I had my most amazing eBay sale ever, bought it for $8, sold it for $670. Surpasses my previous of $7 & selling for $232.50.

Onto my finds.. 

This stationery set is by Holiday Fair Inc, Japan from 1969. I believe this is a briefcase, a Delicato by Markay. It has some condition issues, but I am pretty sure they can be fixed up. They used some nasty glue! Just couldn't pass it up. Even if the condition sucks, this would look so great on display. 


Here's my bowl! A 401 from the reverse primary (thanks Erica!). I left 2 Butterprint behind & they were gone within minutes, a 403 & 402 - some small chips on the rim & some pattern wear when you looked close. I've got so much Butterprint.. wished a dealer hadn't picked it up though. 


Bought this cute fabric... 


Some cards... 


Some vintage unused Halloween cards & a wooden witch(?) or viking? These are usually vikings, aren't they? But this looks like a witch. This is just marked FOREIGN on the bottom. Any info you can tell me on where these are from? 


I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Thanks everybody & dealers for leaving it behind for days. I don't know if it's a candy dish or a planter, but whatever it can be either. 


& I bought this elf. I have no idea if it's vintage or not, the tag has been ripped off, but the remnants make it look a little dated. Whether or not it's old, I like it, but I love to know the history of the things that I welcome into my home. You know what I mean? 


I made my first Instagram purchase. If I remember correctly, shipping was more than the item itself. Don't you hate it when that happens? 




Thanks for stopping by this week!  


   


   

13 comments:

  1. Ok, that little wooden guy is too cute. Would you be interested in selling him/her? I have a medium-sized collection of those critters but not one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the elf and to me it looks vintage. It's a keeper. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elf!!!

    What a profit! What did you sell???? Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I'd love to know what you're selling for $600!! ;) I have pretty much GIVEN UP on eBay. I just can't seem to sell a thing anymore. I love etsy! I have such good luck selling vintage Christmas on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. I'd also like to know what item you just sold for such a fab profit. Way to go! I love hearing stories like that, just wish it would happen for me once in awhile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your eBay profit is just amazing, congrats! You found so many great things! That sweet pixie sure looks vintage, and very well done, looks like a quality item. Love all your cards, I have a thing for them too. Halloween items aren't easy to find either, right? Hate when that shipping is higher than the item we have to have...grrrr. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds and congrats on the big sale! Is the fabric Holly Hobbie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Ebay success! I love the pixie. The cards are cute too. Thanks so much for hosting the party.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I highly recommend you get on Instagram! I have gotten so much traffic and sales from it. And you can sell directly from Instagram which makes it extra nice! I literally post a pic of something that has been in my Etsy shop for 9 months and the same email that likes my instagram post is the same email that purchases the item in my shop. I love social media! Instagram is fantastic! Look me up when you sign up, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait you can't leave us hanging - what was that big sale!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for Thriftasaurus no. 96. Glad your computer is working again. So frustrating. Haven't seen a pyrex in that blue color before, good thrifting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow truly awesome haul, those kinds of days are magic. that ebay sale sounds fab! and the briefcase is so unique looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! I have a Elf that looks a lot like yours only mine has chippy paint. Take a look at this post if you would like to see it. http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-memories-part-deux.html

    Linda

    ReplyDelete