Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, July 6, 2014

Thriftasaurus #94

Thriftasaurus #94


HEY THRIFTERS! How's it going? Fellow Canadians - how was your Canada Day? Americans, how was your 4th of July? Everyone else, how was your week? I was exhausted this week. The days I usually do my thrifting & hunting, I hit snooze. I did manage to make it to one of the thrifts as they were ditching their unsold auction goods onto the shelf. Lucky for me, this month I actually found a couple items interesting & even luckier, they never sold, even luckier, I got their before the dealers did, even luckier... they were a good price! Dealers scooted in a few minutes after me. I usually make it a rule not to thrift on that particular day, but was in the area to buy something for my dog, so had to stop in! 
There was something about this lamb planter.. kitschy maybe? A little sinister...?


& vintage salt & pepper shakers with rhinestones, LOVE. 


I don't know why I bought this really, empty hand syndrome probs? Anyways, made in Germany... Years ago I had purchased a Mimosa Plant (or "Sensitive Plant") that I never planted. My ex-friend had told me I would kill it, great positive, thinker, eh? Anyways, I still have it, so I am going to buy some soil... plant that seed & see what grows! 


I bought another item to resell, it recently sold on eBay for $17.99 BIN (only one), I paid $3.99 & will list mine for $29.99 considering mine is in better condition. I'm having a real hard time with eBay lately. I've got the goods, other peoples are selling... I've got it in better condition for a couple dollars more or even the same price, no bites! I hope this item sells. I'll have to wait & see...


   


   

8 comments:

  1. I had some fantastic finds during my road trip to Detroit! I miss those northern garage sales, (even went to Canada for the day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Thriftasaurus. Added an old stool (which I did repaint) this week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be the world's scariest lamb. I suffer from empty hand syndrome too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the owl salt and pepper shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vintage ceramic finds. The lamb is definitely a little on the sinister side. And if it doesn't sell, you can just repaint it as Rudolf ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i adore that west german planter! i would have picked it up without thinking! a mimosa plant sounds like a perfect inhabitant for it!

    ReplyDelete