Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Saturday, August 17, 2013

Thriftasaurus

Thriftasaurus


Hey fellow shoppers! Hope everybody has had a fun, thrift filled week. I was out this week... just *shocked* at the number of dealers out there now. Certain stores that used to provide me with a bounty of beautiful goods now have a growing number of campers in the aisles attacking the bins like savages as soon as they are rolled out. It grosses me out. It's depressing that this is how you have to act in order to score some of the items I collect inside a thrift shop.


I did get lucky with a couple Pyrex finds this week (the above Snowflake divided was from weeks ago). They were scored at a shop without any campers (that day). The only other turquoise I have in the 400 series is another 401 - still working up to a full set.

I picked up some pretty good linens this week! About a yard & a little bit of 1980's Smurf fabric, 99cents... Transformers flat sheet from 1984 & a Pampers towel. I bought the Pampers towel mostly for it's nostalgic purpose, but I'll never underestimate it's intended purpose. I believe the towel is from the 1980's, probably a promotional item. I had this towel as a baby. 




I love this Christmas table runner... is it vintage? The tag identifies it as made in W. Europe & the cleaning instructions are printed in German. 



A couple smalls... 1991 DC Comics Batman ruler, eraser, sharpener & pencil case.. I kinda have a small pencil case collection (surprise!). A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles paper table cloth.. original price, $5.79. Back in the day, wouldn't that be kinda pricey? 


A full set of vintage Valentines Day cards.


Well, I have a few more items.. but still got some cleaning up to do, trying to get some sanity in this household, so until next week!





32 comments:

  1. Usually I don't have fabric as a find, but the curtain and curtain rod were thrifted and finally they are upgraded. I really hate the elbows out, hyper alert/focused and downright not nice attitudes that some campers have (campers is a new descriptor that makes a lot of sense). Thanks for continuing to host, appreciate it.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing it. I'll be here every week until I'm not thrifting anymore. :)

      I'm with you, don't like those people at all, but I guess we gotta deal, right?

      Delete
  2. This week I have been working on keeping the thrifted stuff that I use and getting the thrifted stuff I am not using ready to share with others. Thanks for hosting.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Pampers towel is a unique find!!

    Love the cards, lucky find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the table runner and the Valentine cards.So what do you do with all your cards that you keep? Do you display them or just keep them in a box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a box. How fun, right? I'd like to decorate seasonally, but just don't really got 'IT' right now..

      the passion.

      Delete
  5. Your paper ephemera finds are always SO interesting! And I love the sheets as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Besides Pyrex ,they are my favourite thing to thrift for. They have always been on the top of my list.

      Delete
  6. That table runner is amazing! I love it! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vintage Pyrex finds!!

    Lisa @ happy Girl Thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, it is horrible at the thrifts right now! Sometimes I think I should stop blogging and telling all the secrets ;)
    I adore the runner that you found! And the pyrex is great. I learn so much about pyrex by reading your blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MMM!

      & I have been thinking the same thing - STOP BLOGGING!!

      Delete
  9. I love all the pop culture scores! The flat sheets and turtles/batman bits are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous of anyone who is finding pyrex at the thrifts. I haven't found a piece in months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't find any Pyrex this week! I'm so jealous of your turquoise score!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to the thrifts in ages. I also haven't spent a huge amount of time driving around to sales. Some of the dealers have really turned me off and taken a lot of the fun away.

    That Pampers towel is hilarious. I can't believe you found one!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always have such good luck with the Pyrex -- love the snowflake piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the snowflake pyrex and that table runner is great. I hear ya with the dealers being everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Pyrex finds. My collections is growing too. Thanks for hosting, love joining in.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Christmas runner! If its marked W. Germany then it is definitely vintage.
    My understanding is that "West Germany", as a country, ceased to exist around the time the Berlin wall fell in 1990.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says, West Europe. I'll Google it.

      I don't care either way, it's really nice, but it's nice to know about everything you have, you know?

      Delete
  17. Your Pyrex finds are my favorite from your haul. Everything is really fun and that Christmas runner looks to be very good quality. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that blue snowflake! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always find the most amazing things!! I am envious of you bed sheet finds! I really want a Transformer sheet so bad!! I found a She-ra twin comforter once and since than, nothing. I also have a thing for paper table cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've got some snowflake pyrex too this week :) Love your vintage greetings cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi
    I joined your party just today

    of all the sales we went to last Saturday there was not one pyrex bowl out of about 30 or more houses

    bu I found some treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nightmare! lol. I'm here every Saturday, gonna jump over to check out your finds. :)

      Delete
  22. Join EverydayFamily TODAY and you will get stage by stage pregnancy and baby newsletters, promotions and weekly coupon alerts as well as access to free baby samples, coupons, baby magazines & more.

    All New Members are Entered to Win Free Diapers for a Entire Year!

    ReplyDelete