Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thriftasaurus

Thriftasaurus


I haven't been impressed with this past week (not talking on the thrifting front, but yea, that wasn't that impressive either), it seemed to drag on & on. I missed out on great things. It was sweltering. Work is a bitch. & most of everything is going to flow into next week (yippie). I'm not very happy. This post will be pretty Negative Nancy ish.

Lone piece of Pyrex - Town & Country, lidless. Saw lots of other Pyrex in the city, all nice & dishwashered & chipped. Lovely. That's pretty much all that's ever left in this city anymore.

(i never took a picture)

These two scrapbooks are nice. The one canvas/plaid/whatever one is my fav. The one with the horses is pretty weird & not my style, but it was cheap enough I picked it up for that "eventually booth" - I feel like I'm kidding myself. The most fantastic part of these scrapbooks are those thing separating pages. If you look closely, they are spiderwebs with spiders (harder to make out in photo).  They are by KeK.



These tea towels by Kreier are quite nice, normally nothing I'd go for, but the colours seemed to flow nicely enough for me. These have original stickers & are from Switzerland. Also that pot holder thing in the middle.



More linens, some 1980's He-Man sheets - full set. I don't normally buy fitted, but at the time thought I would actually one day do something sewingish with the fitted - probably not. 




I don't really know why I HAD to bring this home. 


Some stationery. 


 
To anybody that emailed me or contacted me in the past week about anything. I will get back to you soon. I'm sorry.

link up with a living space.





15 comments:

  1. LOL I want to copy and paste your last paragraph..."To anybody that emailed me"
    I have been just terrible about getting back to people. And I feel like a total Negative Nancy too! Blah!
    I do love all your finds though! Great He-Man sheets! Hey, I finally sold my Orange Butterprint bowls! And I think I only lost about $2.00! I'm such a great business woman!
    Hope next week is a better one for you!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the booth thing. We had an offer to have booth space as soon as this place was up and running, but nothing ever came of it. Too bad, historic little river town, etc. I had been stockpiling things for a year, now having to try and get I'd of things at flea markets, etc. (serious lack of space at home).

    Too bad I'm not anywhere near Toronto, we'd have an awesome oath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things can only get better, right?

    :-) Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the booth thing. We had an offer to have booth space as soon as this place was up and running, but nothing ever came of it. Too bad, historic little river town, etc. I had been stockpiling things for a year, now having to try and get I'd of things at flea markets, etc. (serious lack of space at home).

    Too bad I'm not anywhere near Toronto, we'd have an awesome oath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little farm scene tea towel! Keep looking and I think you'll end up with a great booth space one of these days. When my boyfriend and I were looking to rent a space I got a horrible, rude reaction from the first place I asked. It almost made me want to give up on the whole idea, but the next place we went to was totally cool and that's where we have a booth now. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't get discouraged, it'll work out in the end!
    Oh, and your last sentence is totally my life right now too! Crazy!

    Thanks for hosting once again!

    -Melissa @ Scavenger Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  6. After talking abut it forever, I'm finally going to do an outdoor antique fair at the end of summer. Frankly, I'm terrified, ha ha! I hope you get a booth someday, you have a great eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you had a crappy week. I really hope this week turns around for you and is happy and fun, and filled with rainbows, puppies and Pyrex.
    Those towels are really nice looking. Great finds for a slow week.
    Also, don't give up hope on the booth thing. You have to be patient and picky. You're going into business with someone and that isn't easy. Gotta find the right fit. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about the bad week! Hope this week is better for you and that your plans of a booth pan out. There are good things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should totally make yourself a shirt out of that He Man sheet. Think of what a trendsetter you'd be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some weeks are just like that. Deep breath. Hope this week turns out better. Thanks for hosting.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first time here, what a great party! Thank you for hosting.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the green stationary...would be quite fun to get something like that in the post nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping next week is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those He-man sheets!!!And the TMNT bag!! And sorry about your crappy week. Hope it got better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The He-Man and Turtles finds are GLORIOUS! Hope the work evil improves for ya.

    ReplyDelete