Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thriftasaurus

Thriftasaurus



Welcome to another week of Thriftasaurus, it's nice to have you. As you might have noticed, I am a late host this week. I'm rather punctual, but this past Friday we had a family emergency which is still ongoing, but all we can do is sit & anxiously wait for results & try to go on about our daily business.

I posted a Mid-Week thrift this week, which I rarely do lately with expectations of bringing a huge haul home as we had a full day of shopping planned out for Friday, but had to come home shortly after beginning our thrift expedition, which is OK. Much more important things going on. 

Some Christmas cards (that you stick your pictures in) & some vintage gummed labels.



I am happy to be able to post 3 new knee huggers. They are my current obsession. I've always loved them, but now I am obsessed. I'm watching hundreds on eBay (a few in lots & a quite a few singles), but not bidding... just watching. The one with the extravagant gold fringes is from an antique market & so is the red guy. I am psyched that I found this gold guy at the thrift store. They seem not to be easy to find in thrifts around here (maybe they weren't as popular as they were in the USA?), I know you got them as promos with dish soap in the USA! Anyways, extravagance gets you a pic of your own & so does being found in a thrift store. 
If you happen to decide to orphan any pixies/knee huggers, please let me adopt! 






This pink fridgies I picked up from my cousin when I was in Ohio. I had ordered them off eBay, $18 shipped. They were described as MINT. NAH UH! I had ordered a Fire King bowl too, which was described as mint (have yet to post this), NAH UH! This fridgies, one I would say in excellent condition the other sitting just below very good with a chip in one of the lids are not mint. My boyfriend had already left feedback. I might be done with eBay Pyrex purchases. Even Craigslist people misrepresent. I went to pick up a primary set, ad said, "great condition"... woman seemed disappointed when I wanted to look at the goods, can you believe one bowl had about 40 scratches on it? How is that great condition? Look, I'm sorry you dragged the bowl 2 hours downtown, but don't lie to make $40. & even fellow Pyrex collectors misrepresent, "no chips, excellent condition, mint"... doesn't mean flea bites on the rim. I mean, I bought it anyways because I trusted the person since they were a collector. Lesson learned. 



Anyways, that's it for me today. Hope you all had a good weekend.
I have a great booklet I am going to scan this week! I can't wait to share it, check back Wednesday.. 


:: linking up with ::
A Living Space
We Call It Junkin

Coastal Charm
Mod Vintage Life

Although I appreciate everybody taking the time to linkup, please remember,
my linkup isn't for craft projects, unless they are from thrifted materials. & eBay/Etsy store linkups aren't permitted. Thank you. 







19 comments:

  1. The knee huggers are wonderful I picked up another one myself the other day. The pink Pyrex looks nice it's sad people miss lead us about things. Hope you find some adoptees.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always list every single small imperfection with items that I sell. Sometimes they are so stupid its kinda ridiculous for me to even mention it. But I always want all my bases covered. I just don't have the energy to deal with angry people anymore than I have to. That's totally shitty that people misled you to make a buck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm thoughts to you about your family emergency. Have done the waiting too -- it's hard. xxoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your family member will be okay and all will be well very soon. I have an elf ornament from when I was a baby that I think is a knee hugger, I'll have to see when I unpack the ornaments next weekend. I think its in my Flickr stream, tho. I wasn't going to link up because I didn't do a finds post last week, but my tablescape post was almost all thrifted, so I think that's ok to linkup? Hopefully? Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bought nothing in the past week except one scarf, there was nothing good to buy. We were away to Vaughan & Barrie on the weekend, 3 thrifts, 2 antique barns - nothing but I do have remorse over a blue knee hugger, I couldn't bring myself to pay $10 - how much did you pay? Hope things settle down for you in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knee hugger elves must not have been a very big deal around my area, i've yet to come across a single one! The Pyrex fridgies look awesome! I hope all is well with your F.E.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little knee huggers are so stinking cute! I have a hard time finding them too. I think I've only found one this year and that was way back in January.
    I hope everything is ok and you guys don't have to continue waiting. That's the hardest part sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those knee huggers are so adorable! As far as your emergency situation, I hope everything turns out okay and good news comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always learn something interesting from your posts. Knee Huggers ! Cute. Hope things turn out ok, will check back to see how things are going.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. MORE knee huggers! I'm totally jealous!
    This might sound weird, but I can still remember the horrible, horrible taste of the glue on the back of those stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PINK! I go for Pyrex over those creepy elves any day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Last year, Hanna bought me some pink Pyrex refrigerator dishes on eBay for Christmas that the seller said were in excellent condition. Well, when Hanna received them, they were dishwashered!! At least she finally got a refund after going back and forth with the seller.

    Love the knee huggers. I found one last week at the thrift that looks like it has spent some time in a tanning bed.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry about your family emergency. I hope everything will be alright. Please let us know that it is!
    Yay for knee huggers...and super cute ones at that! Some of them can have not so cute faces. But yours are all wonderful!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for you with the emergency. LOVE the kneee huggers...I think I'm addicted to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i finally have something to share! yes! good luck finding more knee huggers! I never find them in the thrifts here, but the nashville ones are pretty picked over by vintage sellers. the vintage shops in this town (the hipster ones, not hte antique malls) are INSANE with their pricing. it makes me mad just to browse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope things work out for your family regarding the emergency. Good luck on finding more elf knee huggers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so jealous of your knee huggers I have yet to fond any in the thrift stores around here. Guess people are keeping them. I too have been watching ebay but not bidding. The thrifter in me says too much

    ReplyDelete