Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thriftasaurus

Thriftasaurus


I'm pretty psyched about all my finds this week, they have me all giddy & can't wait to get out there again. 

The find of the week has got to be the vintage Cathrineholm black & white enamel bowl. I can never again say I have never found a piece in the wild, but who knows if I'll ever find one again - it seems to be so rare in these parts (everybody who blogs seems to say the same thing). Designed by Grete Prytz Kittelsen circa 1956. They also had the Tulip Fire King grease jar - passed on it, tulips were coming off. I don't want to display a mediocre grease jar in my kitchen - Fire King or not. Also passed on Spring Blossom Green casseroles, once again, mediocre condition.

why do i find it so hard to photograph single bowls by themselves?
Looks like someone donated their key chain collection & Value Village bagged them all up & sold them together for $2.99.. or they just had a bunch of 'em and tossed 'em into a bag. Some were really dirty. I didn't take a pic of all of them, these are my favs. My absolute being the motel room key chains (wish the keys were still there, too!) & the Back to the Future II car keychain. Also tucked in there is a Care Bears (still on the backing) Birthday Bear pin.




A set of lightbulb salt & pepper shakers, my second pair. The first pair I bought off eBay. Made in Japan. A cute Fire King cereal bowl, with what seems to be manufacturing flaws. 


90210 stickers.. also came with some vintage RCA Elvis postcards! I love Value Village grab bags.


Linens... I first thought that this "SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC" by Ulster was a tea towel that someone fashioned to be a wall hanging, but doing my research on it when I got home, someone who listed it on etsy from Montreal had found it in similar condition. Or.. maybe it's just such a fab tea towel that many people wanted to display it this way? A never been used Star Trek towel. 



Thanks for joining in last week, can't wait to see what you've uncovered this week!

I am linking up with:
Apron Thrift Share for Thrift Share Monday
&
A Living Space for The Nifty Thrifty.



 

26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops too many typos had to delete!
      Once again you've found some cool things! Love the enamel Cathrineholm bowl. We have the same one with matching salad bowls. It was my husband's grandparents.

      Delete
  2. I found a massive, huge Orange and white leaf pattern Cathrineholm bowl last year at a charity shop for £4.99. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I knew it had 'the look'. I almost leapt right over the lady in front of me to snatch it up. Great finds. I especially love the key rings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool stuff, I can't pick my favorite. I am linking up with my finds. Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure found some cool,unique and hard to find items.... WOW..Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathrineholm thrifted? You lucky boy! My hope is to find an orange piece someday to surprise Sister with. It is definitely more her style.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. That enamel bowl is the stuff thrifty dreams are made of, nice find! And I adore the key chains. Like any child of the 90's, I had a sizable collection. Never a "Back to the Future" one though, that one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I love it! I wish I still had some of my key chains from my collection growing up - but I started from scratch at the thrifts last year. Always finding something else to collect..

      Delete
  7. Those lightbulb shakers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Star Trek towel is pretty cool. What luck to find those key chains. The Back To The Future one is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the S&P shakers! And the mister would like that Back to the Future key chain for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i looooove those hotel key rings! i found one this year too. and i still haven't even a seen a katherine holm bowl in person, in an antique mall or anything! lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't until now either! I thought the enamel bowl with the hearts was C. Holm, but guess not!

      I remember your key ring! I passed a couple up at an antique market, I might buy them if they are there next time.

      Delete
  11. Those hotel key chains are fabulous and I love the 90210 stickers. Thanks for another great party~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, Cathrineholm in the wild! Very exciting. Where did you find it? I like the black and white pattern, too; more unique than the lotus stuff. Once we found an avocado green Viking pattern lasagna pan at a random thrift store in Oregon for $3... that was a good day!

    Love the astrology tea towel / wall hanging, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just lounging on a shelf in a thrift. It was $2.99 & was on the shelf for at least 48 hours (according to the tag). That's a lucky find! I love those lasagna pans.. not holding my breath on finding one of those, though.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your Cathrineholm find! It is exciting, isn't it? Love the zodiac tea towel as well. MOD! Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you need to make a special trip back into scarborough - i was out and about the other day and it was pyrex as far as the eye could see! alas, still no catherineholm - you lucky ducky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it in Scarborough! I go all the time (pretty much), but I guess I seem to miss out on the Pyrex this week.. DAMN.

      :(

      Delete
  15. I came sooooo close to getting a ch bowl this weekend! Congrats on your find! Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine Holm is in the air. let's just hope she stays there!

      Delete
  16. Hi, thanks for hosting, haven't joined in for quite awhile. I will be back though. Have a great week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a heckuva haul! Want that Star Trek towel :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My thrifted stuff is some of my favorites but not recent. Been working up North, coming home for a week every two weeks and gardening and home stuff keeps me busy. Happy too. Thanks for hosting, you sure got some great stuff. Looking forward to the time when I can thrift again.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete