Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What I Didn't Buy At The Thrift Store: Vintage Gems, Salsa & More!

Another edition of What I Didn't Buy At The Thrift Store. 


I wish I could have carried this chair home with me, but it totally wasn't feasible. From first glance it doesn't look vintage, but the frame & backing - tots vintage. Just couldn't carry it all by myself. The boy was all the way in Columbus! However, if the whole table set was there, I don't give a crap how, I'd have carried it back somehow. 

 
Leaving this Lustreware bread box behind at Salvation Army for $5 SUCKED, but the bread was barely visible & the bottom looked like it had been chewed on by a hamster. 


Same thrift - this blue 502 Pyrex fridgie & Butterprint bowl (can't really tell, but it's been in the dishwasher a little bit), $7.99. They also had Old Orchard Cinderellas, mixing bowls, an Early American Bake Serve & Store (rough around the edges...), Woodland.. all at this one thrift. 


Glasbake with a lid!?


Bulk salsa & BBQ sauce from an antique market - PASS!  

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sooo nasty!

      They had Selection (Metro brand) oatmeal, too, at another booth. All dusty. Wanted to take a photo, but it's right infront of the register.

      Delete
  2. Hum - I tend to stay away from any food item being sold in an antique market or a thrift store. Glad to see it's just not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that turquoise chair....I always find a way to carry something out! If I love it, im having it! Too bad you didn't get it =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already had 2 bags, a backpack & would have to carry this chair on a a crowded rush hour bus & on two subway lines. Just didn't want to do it. I might make my BF take me this week to see if it's still there.. (probably not though).

      Delete
  4. i am almost certain that bread box is at my favorite salvation army!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that Glasbake pattern, again, I see it all the time, matter of fact, I saw a piece of it today! Does anybody buy it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it...I did at first not knowing how POPULAR it really is! Then I stopped buying it...it is kinda annoying.

      Delete
    2. It actually doesn't look as bad with the lid. Really handy if you're serving dinners & can lift it up with the knob & scoop out whatever crud you're serving. My next thrifting trip, I'm going to photograph how many of these I actually see.

      Delete
  6. love the chair Too bad you couldn't have paid for it and let them hold it for you. Most shops here would if you got it by the next day

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is with the BBQ sauce? And bummer on the breadbox, would have been awesome! Loving your background by the way!

    ReplyDelete