Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Thursday, November 1, 2012

First Thrift of November

I'm gonna say it.
I can't believe it's already November.
Another month of thrifting is upon us! 

My first find made me all giddy. I found the second smallest bowl (yellow polka dots) in the same store over a year ago & now have this, the smallest of the set, Hazel Atlas bowl to add to my collection. It's the cutest bowl I've seen to date. I'm pictured it with a 401 Butterprint Pyrex bowl so you can get a clue on how petite it really is. $1.99 for it. 


Also $1.99, Made in Denmark by Södahl Designs. I don't know anything about it. 


I have a weakness for Fred products, but I will not pay retail, but will buy out of the discount bin, if the deal is good enough. "ABC (Already Been Chewed) Cookie Cutters" by Fred. In a bag with literally a bunch of crap - there was a lone spoon, with rust & food on it. WTF? haha. Anyways, price tag $10.95. I paid $3.99. These cookie cutters will make the perfect addition to any family gathering that I will attend - they are so me. 

(http://www.perpetualkid.com/abc-cookie-cutters---gingerbread-men.aspx)
I have been a fan of Hole & Courtney love since I was 9, but have been reading about Nirvana & Kurt Cobain (even though I wasn't a fan of Nirvana back then) around that time, too. Loved that I was able to add this magazine to my collection for only $1. I had seen it priced once at a thrift store for $19.99! 


Also got some vintage cards, but they aren't very notable. I feel like I wasted my money on those.  

I got this glass earlier this week - during the wrath of Hurricane Sandy, had I broke it out for Halloween, it would have been perfect (next year!). The glass is by Culver. 4 of these just sold on eBay for $99


I got vacation pay at work this past week & will be visiting an antique market soon & be spoiling myself on a special piece of Pyrex (considering that they have a special piece of Pyrex & it is still reasonably priced).

Linking up with...
The Thrifty Groove - Thrifty Things Friday!
Colorado Lady - Vintage Thingie Thursday!

  

16 comments:

  1. Hey! I have that exact owl glass, but it's taller. It's currently in my bathroom holding my toothbrushes...had no idea it was worth anything because I got it at a garage sale for a quarter. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise!

      Wish they'd have had the whole set there. The larger ones (the one you have) sell for a lot more!

      Delete
  2. That's a fancy glass!!!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at my mother-in-laws house the other day and she had the red polka dots Hazel Atlas bowl in her refrigerator. Evidently, her mother brought it to her when they came to visit last month. Uh, hello? I am the one that collects that shit!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.

      Maybe the bowl might just disappear?

      I've repeated this so many times, but I'm hoping the pink Butterprint will just disappear from my boyfriends grandpas when he's down for Thanksgiving! He won't part with it.

      Delete
  4. I have been staying away from thrift store for several months, but yesterday I broke down and went into the GW. I found two oval Pyrext casserole dishes with the mistletoe design on the lids. I enjoy seeing your thrift finds, you do have a talent of finds unique items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. You have strength! A couple months? I can barely go a couple days! Good Pyrex finds Paulette!

      Delete
  5. Haha! I bought those same gingerbread cookie cutters at a Church rummage sale the end of September~so cute! Love the polka dot Hazel Atlas bowl~ wish I could find some polka dot pyrex!! Great beginning of the month thrifty finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      We made cookies tonight.. wish they looked a little more like the cookie cutters... but whatevs!

      Delete
    2. I mean, it just looks like pieces fell off, not that someone bite them off.. only if you look really closely..

      Delete
  6. What fun vintage finds! Love the atlas bowl! Thanks for sharing at TTF and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that little donkey thing! and the dotty bowl is just precious. good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dots! But finding the Hazel Atlas dots are somewhat challenging for me. Yet, I did recently come across a couple of the red dot mugs, that match this set of dot bowls. But they are not in as nice condition as your wonderful bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faded is still OK!

      Hazel Atlas bowls are still challenging for me.. 2 in 3 years? Let's finish the set already!

      Delete
  9. I feel the same way about those cookie cutters, I want them but the price!

    ReplyDelete