Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Saturday, February 19, 2011

1980's "Photo Talk" Captions

Photo Talk!
(singles mingles)


Salvation Army find, ya don't find my worthy stuff there! 49cents, not bad! These 1988, sealed, photo sticker captions made by Bernard J. Putt & Assoc., Howard, Colorado, USA would look great on any '80s early '90s photo album! Maybe from your New Kids On The Block days?
"SINGLES MINGLES" reminds me of "GENDER BENDER". An ex-boyfriend of mines mother claims to have invented that term. Swears up & down she invented the tern "gender bender". I blieve her.

MY FAV?

"HEY FOXY LADY, WHAT'S OCCURRING?"
(because who says that? & click the photos to read them all!)


















Honorable Mentions:


No tan lines mean hope!
I must be in love, I feel ill.
And... I have a very large dog!

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I bought these in 1988 and put them in my wedding album to make it a little more humorous (not the formal album, the snapshot album). There's some really funny ones in there.

    Again, I find it sooo funny that you think this stuff is vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I never called these ones vintage! But they are what you're kids would call 'retro'. Nobody talks like this anymore, lol.

    '60s/'70s were before my time, so that stuff I do consider vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could vintage be in the eye of the beholder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, there is a distinction to be made. I too consider stuff before the late 70's and 80's to be vintage. I collect vintage Barbies and friends and their clothing and I don't consider anything past 1972-73 as vintage. Furthermore, the 60's and 70's, and the 50's to a large extent, was a great era design wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! I remember buying and using those in a scrapbook of snapshots around 1988 or so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny that you guys both had them, guess they were popular!

    ReplyDelete