Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sir Thrift-A-Lot: Sunday Goal Link Up

Sir Thrift-A-Lot
in Sunday Goal Linkup
@
Thrift Core with Van


revisiting last week..

1. The gym WILL NOT BE IGNORED! haha, considering I am feeling better. 2. Get those Canadian dailies in shape! 3. Start a collage or scrapbook IF I find a suitable, usable one this week. 4. Go out and have fun! Perhaps visit, Snakes & Lattes. 5. Feel better.

Last week I was still feeling sick early in the week & came down with a horrible headache late in the week. The gym wasn't ignored, when I was feeling good, visited it two days... had some fun! Went on a thrifting spree, found some nice Friendship bowls & spent a nice night driving with my fiance. Drove by Snakes & Lattes, but the place was bustlin', I guess late Saturday evening is not the time to check it out. Thrifting was minimal though, so no scrapbook was found. Six days of work this week didn`t help me accomplish my goals.

This week:
1. Gym. Four days. No excuses.
2. Healthy eating. Eat more at home. Save some $.
3. Get those Canadian dailies in shape, finally get it off my goal list.
4. 5 items in my ETSY shop, not eBay shop.

Only four this week. I`m still not feeling well, the cold still lingers, I still feel exhausted. Here`s to making goals & keeping them!

I did make a pretty decent sale on eBay this past week. With their 50 free listings a month I`ve taken a "list high first" approach. If the item doesn`t sell, I will relist at a lower price. Have you ever heard of `Baby Cakes` featuring Ricki Lake & Craig Sheffer? The VHS actually sells for a pretty penny. I listed at $14.99 expecting one to no bids, but it actually ended up selling for $26.00. Currently the lowest listed one on Amazon is $45. I had bought this one a whim when VHS` were still a buck at Goodwill.


Baby Cakes on Amazon

6 comments:

  1. i just found your blog via another thrifter's blog and i'm SO happy that i did! i love following other thrifters. i recently became interested in possibly selling some thrifted items on ebay/etsy (although i'm more of a clothing thrifter), so your info about that particular VHS is really interesting to me.

    good luck on your goals this week, i can't wait to read more :)

    ally @ fever thrift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Baby Cakes, never would have thought it would be selling for such a WOW price. Great info - hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ebay advice! Just goes to show that you never know what will sell for what price, i like to price things higher first, too.

    Feel better soon, good luck getting through your to-dos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I have been down and out with the crud myself, so I know how hard it is to get all these goals done when not feeling well. After two weeks, I'm faking till I make it. Good luck and some great ideas I may borrow from you! Feel better and lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ally, welcome to Sir Thrift-A-Lot. I am just starting to get back into reselling - I have not done it in quite awhile, so there will be more posts about what I sell to come!

    Thanks Paulette & Van!

    Roze - hope you are feeling better soon, too!

    ReplyDelete